The TIR was initially designed to find the emissivity values of solar panel coatings in the 1970s. Since then, the TIR has found use in a variety of applications and continues to do so in unexpected areas.
Who knows, maybe your niche application may be added to this list in the near future.
Following are just some examples of the variety of applications the TIR has found use in:
- Solar panels coatings
- Glass production and coatings
- Foils and coatings for the building industry
- Metal, such as Aluminum/ Tin/ Steel. Production and coating
- Car industry
- 3D-printing and their components
- Universities / R&D laboratories